Do you ever look in the mirror and feel like your smile is not quite as bright as you want it? Fortunately, you do not have to just get used to having yellow, gray, or brown teeth. Our teeth whitening services in Houston help to lighten the tooth’s surface and get rid of any unsightly stains. At Lovett Dental Gulfgate, our cosmetic dentist specialists can guide you through the whitening process and help you get the sparkling smile you have always dreamed of.
How Teeth Whitening Services Work
Your teeth are coated in enamel, a hard yet slightly translucent substance that can be stained by coffee, tomato sauce, red wine, and other substances. Beneath this enamel is the light gray or yellow dentin that can slightly show through the enamel. Whitening primarily lightens your teeth by removing set-in stains on the enamel. This may require one or more treatments to thoroughly clean away stains your toothbrush cannot reach.
There is no way to whiten the dentin beneath your enamel, but you can build strong, healthy enamel to reduce the appearance of the dentin. The length of time it takes to whiten teeth varies depending on the cause of the stains, but most people can whiten their teeth multiple shades within a few months.
Teeth Whitening Options
You have access to several different teeth whitening services in Houston at Lovett Dental Gulfgate. Not all whitening procedures work in the same method, so your dentist may recommend certain options depending on your situation.
- Philips Zoom – This is a common option that provides fast results. The dentist first applies a solution to the gums to protect them, and then a whitening varnish lifts away stains, and a protective sealant prevents tooth sensitivity. This convenient procedure can be done in under fifteen minutes.
- Venus White Max – This solution uses a strong hydrogen peroxide gel, and it is applied in three to four sessions over the course of an hour. Depending on your needs, your dentist may give you the option of treatments that can be applied at home, too.
- Dental veneers – This option is normally not recommended for those who just want slightly whiter teeth since it is a procedure that permanently alters your teeth. However, it may be a good choice if you have naturally dark yellow or gray teeth that cannot be lightened by whitening procedures. Veneers are a thin, tooth-shaped shell of porcelain or resin applied over your natural teeth to give them a new look.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening Services
How you present yourself can have a huge effect on your interactions with others, so it is no surprise that tooth whitening makes a big difference. Many people whiten their teeth before interviews, weddings, and other big events, but it can also add a little boost to your looks in everyday life. Having a bright smile can help you look as attractive and put-together as possible.
When people are drawn to your smile, each interaction starts on a positive note. It also helps you because it boosts your confidence. When you are worried about stained or discolored teeth, you are less likely to smile and laugh. Getting your teeth whitened can be a great way to improve your self-esteem and help you achieve the smile you deserve.
Other benefits of teeth whitening services at Lovett Dental Gulfgate include:
- Personalized treatment – Our team customizes teeth whitening services to fit your specific needs.
- Safe procedure – Get a brighter smile while protecting your teeth and gums under the supervision of professionals.
- Affordability – Teeth whitening services at Lovett Dental Gulfgate are less costly than you may think. Contact our team to learn more about pricing.
- Long-lasting results – Studies have shown that professional teeth whitening services cause a whiter smile to last longer than at-home teeth whitening kits.
- Quick appointment – Most of our patients get a brighter smile in less than an hour, so teeth whitening services can fit into the busiest schedules.
Brighten Your Smile with Lovett Dental Gulfgate Today
At Lovett Dental Gulfgate, we provide a variety of tooth whitening services and other cosmetic dentistry techniques, such as: